This course is designed to assist in New Miner training requirements for personnel who will be working at a surface mine. Specifically:
- New Miner; and
- Newly Hired Experienced Miner; but also
- Construction workers;
- Maintenance workers;
- Mine contractors; and
- and other workers beginning work at a mine.
The goal of this course is to provide the information necessary for you to learn the requirements of a safe workplace while meeting the requirements of the MSHA Part 46 New Miner and New Experienced Miner training. Information is presented to help you recognize and avoid hazards you may be exposed to on a regular basis and those which occur unexpectedly. An overall understanding of all mining hazards in an open pit and crushing operation is also presented.
1. Introduction to the Work Environment
2. Recognition and Avoidance of Hazards
3. Emergency Response
4. Health and Safety Aspects of the Assigned Tasks
5. Statutory Rights of Miners and Their Representatives
6. Authority and Responsibilities
7. Rules and Procedures for Reporting Hazards
8. 4-Hour Confirmation
4 Contact Hours
This represents the estimated time to complete the online course, including exercises. Actual times may vary from user to user.