Personnel who generate, handle, store, treat or dispose of hazardous waste may be required to prepare or interpret a hazardous waste manifest; Environmental professionals at remediation sites who are responsible for manifesting hazardous waste; Environmental managers at facilities who use hazardous chemicals, and individuals wanting to know more about hazardous waste regulations will find the information provided in the course valuable.
Individuals completing the course should:
- understand the requirements of the hazardous waste manifest;
- be able to complete a hazardous waste manifest;
- meet the training requirements of 49 CFR 172.704 with respect to signing hazardous waste manifests;
- understand security concerns with regards to hazardous materials shipments;
- have a general understanding (general awareness) of hazardous materials transportation.
2 Contact Hours
This represents the estimated time to complete the online course, including exercises. Actual times may vary from user to user.