Persons engaging in tattooing, piercing and permament cosmetics activities who are exposed to blood and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) while performing their routine work functions need to receive bloodborne pathogens training. This includes:
- tattoo artists
- body piercers; and
- permanent cosmetologists
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- identify common bloodborne pathogens, their paths of transmissions, and symptoms of the disease
- know what an exposure control plan is, what it contains and where it is located
- recognize tasks which may lead to exposure of bloodborne pathogens and measures to take for protection
- outline the steps to take following an exposure incident
- know what is provided in a post-exposure evaluation and follow-up
- explain the color coding and symbols used for biohazards
- know the basics of infection control, aseptic techniques, and prevention of disease
4 Horas de Contacto
Esto representa el tiempo estimado para completar este curso en linea, incluyendo ejercicios teóricos.
Tiempos actuales pueda variar segun el usuario.