Environmental professionals who are 1) involved with handling, shipping, or receiving hazardous materials, including samples of hazardous waste, and 2) involved with managing hazardous wastes associated with cleanup activities. This may include:
- laboratory technicians
- field technicians
After completing this series, participants should be able to:
- know how to identify, and manage hazardous waste;
- be able to determine generator status and maintain facility compliance with
hazardous waste regulations;
- recognize regulations for recordkeeping and reporting;
- locate and use the Federal hazardous materials and hazardous waste regulations;
- properly label and mark hazardous waste containers for shipment;
- complete manifests for hazardous waste;
- select proper packaging for hazardous materials; and
- develop appropriate emergency response information to accompany shipments.
8 Contact Hours
This represents the estimated time to complete the online course, including exercises. Actual times may vary from user to user.