Hazardous materials (hazmat) training now applies to any individual who:
- Ships hazardous materials by ground;
- Loads, unloads, or handles hazardous materials;
- Marks, labels, or otherwise prepares containers, drums, or packagings for transportation of hazardous materials;
- Prepares hazardous materials shipping papers for transportation;
- Is responsible for safety of transporting hazardous materials;
Upon completion of this online course, participants should be able to:
- locate and use the Federal hazardous materials regulations;
- properly label and mark hazardous material containers for shipment;
- complete Bill of Lading for hazardous materials;
- select proper packaging for hazardous materials;
- understand the vehicle placarding requirements;
- develop appropriate emergency response information to accompany shipments;and
- understand security awareness and plan requirements.
4 Contact Hours
This represents the estimated time to complete the online course, including exercises. Actual times may vary from user to user.